Monday, May 30, 2011

Surf Clam Ceviche


I love surf clams. But when I found myself looking at a box of frozen surf clams I recently got from Ranch 99, it struck me that the only times I have had surf clams are when they are sitting on top of sushi rice.
So what to do with them? Checking online, there are only limited amount of recipes available and none of them thrilled me. Well, the only other thing I could think of was to make ceviche. I followed recipe for the traditional Peruvian ceviche, substituted white fish with surf clams, omitted the corn and steamed yam (you can add them if you like) and the result was something to brag about.....

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb frozen surf clam, thawed
  • 1 cup lemon juice
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
  • 2-3 red thai chili peppers, chopped
  • 3 tbsp chopped cilantro
  • salt to taste
Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together, put covered in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment